Associate Director, Epidemiology, Real World Evidence
The Associate Director (AD), Epidemiology, will work in IQVIA’s Center for Advanced Evidence Generation, using epidemiological knowledge to drive innovation and research.
The AD will contribute to strategic work and thought leadership related to innovations in the fields of epidemiology and data science. Topics of focus may include the use of real-world evidence to help guide regulatory decision making; data linkage across sources such as EMR and claims data; use of AI/ML in real-world research; synergy and opportunity between R&D and real-world studies; innovation in direct-to-patient studies; and innovative approaches to study design such as external comparators. This individual will lead strategic initiatives across IQVIA, write manuscripts, contribute to proposals, and protocol design. This role provides the opportunity to collaborate with and present to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Is curious and knowledgeable on latest methods and innovations that are relevant to our industry, related to regulatory-grade RWE and data linkage.
- Navigates industry contacts and engages internally and externally on discussions and initiatives relevant to industry.
- Serves as key team member in the Center for Advanced Evidence Generation, developing strategy and contributing to leadership initiatives across IQVIA.
- Serves as project lead on client facing or internal strategic projects.
- Leads or co-authors manuscripts, protocols, reports, and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output.
- Reviews and provides relevant epidemiological and outcomes research input to statistical analysis plans and analysis output.
- Reviews and provides epidemiology and outcomes research input for tasks including CRF/eCRF development, form previews and other project tasks (e.g., regulatory responses, slide deck development).
- Independently generates content and direction for business development proposals.
- Interact and lead engagements with internal and external stakeholders as warranted.
- Provides review for work of peers and junior staff across areas of expertise, which may include observational study methods, statistical methods, safety and pharmacovigilance, the selection of instruments and clinical measures to achieve objectives, and/or other scientific approaches.
- Identifies client-related, budget-related, and internal issues that may require attention or escalation.
- Represents IQVIA externally through conference presentations.
- Leads work streams on critical people-related and team-related items such as strategy, recruitment, learning, development, and thought leadership.
- May oversee statistical analysis as needed; conduct of analyses optional based on interest.
- PhD (or equivalent) in Epidemiology
- 5+ years of epidemiology experience with broad exposure to multiple functions, including regulatory, Medical Affairs, global health, or epidemiology
- Proven track record of leadership on client facing or internal projects, ability to manage multiple competing priorities with ease
- Authoring protocols, reports, and other study documents with independent, critical thinking to ensure quality and completeness of output, overseeing timeline for deliverables associated with analysis and reporting
- Works collaboratively on inter-disciplinary teams, internal and external to IQVIA
- Experience with mentorship and coaching of junior staff
- Strategic-minded, detail oriented
- Addressing client-related, budget-related, and internal issues that may require attention or escalation
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
IQVIA Talent Networkに登録する